In this article, you will get all the information regarding Bodies of 18-month-old twins found at home as their great-grandmother’s heartbreaking actions revealed
TWIN toddlers were tragically found dead in a pool at their family home after their great-grandmother made a heartbreaking error.
Little Locklyn and Loreli Callazzo drowned in the murky water on Thursday morning at the $565,000 property in Oklahoma City.
Their mom Jenny Callazzo, 37, harrowingly found her 18-month-old babies and desperately tried to revive them.
She was seen administering CPR as firefighters arrived on scene shortly after she made the tragic discovery at around 10.45am.
But the twins sadly could not be saved and were pronounced dead at 1pm after being transported to Baptist Hospital.
Jenny, who runs a bow boutique, reportedly lives at the property with her grandmother, six children and husband Sonny, 42, a marketing executive.
The stay-at-home mother had shared cute snaps of Locklyn and Loreli outside the home alongside the caption: “Just want to play outside.”
A relative told the Daily Mail that Jenny’s grandmother, who suffers from Alzheimer’s, left the back door open.
This allegedly allowed the twins to slip outside and eventually access the pool.
The source added: “Please pray for the twins’ siblings and all of our family.”
Aerial footage of the home showed a greenish pool at the rear of the property that seemed to be overwhelmed by thick algae.
Police have launched an investigation into the tragedy, but said there does not seem to be any foul play involved.
A GoFundMe has been launched to help the family with expenses following the death of the toddlers which has already raised over $7,000.
It read: “These beautiful babies were taken from us too soon.
“Anything you can give to help with expenses would be greatly appreciated. We appreciate everyone’s love and support.”
The Oklahoma City Fire Department said the length of time the twins were in the water currently remains unclear.
Neighbors described witnessing a devastated Jenny climb into the back of an EMS vehicle as paramedics battled to save the pair.
Locals said the family had lived at the property for around a year before the tragic incident.
Resident Mike Bernard told News 4: “It’s certainly disturbing.
“And, you know, my prayers go out to that family because little children are precious.
“They brought out two little children and put them in separate ambulances. And they were doing CPR on both little children.
“I saw the mother who was distraught, who got in an EMS vehicle.”
The incident has prompted child safety experts to remind families of the dangers of water and how they can keep children safe.
Laura Gamino, injury prevention coordinator for trauma at OU Health, said: “Anything can happen in an instant.
“Children are attracted to water and toddlers won’t have the skills to be able to help themselves get out of water … Drowning is very sudden, and it’s very silent.
“Sometimes people have an idea that a child will have trouble in the water and be screaming, but they can’t because their mouth is full of water.
“So it’s very silent, and that’s one of the scariest things about it. I just want to send the family my sincere condolences.”
She recommended installing a four-foot-high fence around any pool with a gate that young children will not be able to open.
Bodies of 18-month-old twins found at home as their great-grandmother’s heartbreaking actions revealed
For more visit ReportedCrime.com
Latest News by ReportedCrime.com